The voice of De Anza since 1967.

The voice of De Anza since 1967.

The voice of De Anza since 1967.

La Voz ad
Wii games come to DASB lounge
Foothill Academic Senate rejects ceasefire resolution

April 10, 2024

Rep. Ro Khanna, Jewish Democratic Coalition of the Bay Area hold town hall on antisemitism

March 28, 2024

The FHDA Police Department sets up a “Run Hide Defend” Zoom meeting to connect with faculties, students, civilians

March 27, 2024

View All
Learn4Justice: Inspiring change, progress among youth in our communities
Film screening aims to teach about Asian American historic struggles with identity

March 26, 2024

Humans of De Anza: Jill Quigley, the warm demander

March 26, 2024

Empowered Women

Empowered Women

March 26, 2024

View All
La Botomy: Free parking and the five stages of grief
Are you willing to have dialogue with a Zionist?

March 26, 2024

Spring forward to summer

Spring forward to summer

March 24, 2024

PR 101 for Trump

PR 101 for Trump

March 22, 2024

View All
‘Princess Peach: Showtime’ takes the stage
Vision Pro, revolution or show of force by Apple?

April 13, 2024

Wii games come to DASB lounge

Wii games come to DASB lounge

April 11, 2024

The Power Cup collab experience

The Power Cup collab experience

April 9, 2024

View All

Nature’s break

The uplifting influence of animals on campus

Have you ever noticed how your day instantly gets better when you see an animal? Whether it’s the cheerful chirping of birds, the playful antics of squirrels, or the serene presence of nature, these moments offer a refreshing respite from the academic demands.

What better way to lift your mood in between those stressful long classes at De Anza? Meet our friends who pay us quick visits to brighten our moods.

Ana, a pembroke welsh corgi, sitting with her ears perked up in the main quad during mini flea market on Feb. 13. (Archee Kumar)

Meet Ana, a delightful pembroke welsh corgi, spreading cheer as she lounges on the bench at the heart of the main quad during the mini flea market on Feb. 13. Her joyful presence creates a warm and inviting atmosphere, captivating the attention of passersby.

Canyon towhee spotted between the PE quad and forum on campus at 11 a.m. on Feb. 8. (Archee Kumar)

Next in line is the canyon towhee bird, a small friend spotted frequently at De Anza. This small and charming bird brings a touch of nature’s beauty to our surroundings.

Fun fact: the oldest recorded canyon towhee was a male and at least seven years and two months old when he was re-caught and re-released during banding operations in Texas in 1998. He had been banned in the same state in 1992.

Canadian geese spotted at 5:30 p.m. on top of the Hinson Campus Center on Feb. 12. (Archee Kumar)

Moving on, we have a heartwarming sight of Canadian geese, casually strolling around our campus grounds. These birds usually come together near Modesto from late December to early February.

Fun fact: geese always fly in the shape of a ‘V’ as it allows at least 71 % greater flying range.

California gulls are spotted sitting on a light pole in parking lot A at 11:30 a.m. on Feb. 29. (Archee Kumar)

The California gulls sitting on top of the light pole in the parking lot A. These feathered friends are frequent flyers, often visiting during migration and winter. California gulls find their meals in diverse locations such as lakes, marshes, agricultural fields, estuaries, cities, garbage dumps and even out at sea.

So, the next time you find yourself caught between demanding classes, seize a moment to observe your surroundings. Our companions on campus, whether adorned with feathers or fur, provide an organic remedy to the pressures of student life.