De Anza’s Top 5 songs for a productive week

Graphics by Ashley Gonzalez

Cameron Oleary, Reporter

For college students not used to taking online classes, struggling to stay focused, the key to staying productive is music. Here are five songs that are perfect for studying.

“Kickstart My Heart” by Motley Crüe

With no set schedule during the lockdown, one of the problems students run into is constant tiredness. That is where “Kickstart My Heart” comes to wake you up.

The song was written by Motley Crüe’s bassist, Nikki Sixx after he was legally declared dead because of a heroin overdose and was brought back when paramedics kick-started his heart.

You cannot help but start headbanging when you hear the drums and the guitar come in to get you ready to take on your classes and homework.

“Heart On Ice” by Rod Wave

Now as we begin to get into studying, you’ll need songs that are a little more relaxing and easy on the ears.

Having a soothing tone, Rod Wave is able to put you in a state of relaxation with his nice and calming vocals.

The song, “Heart On Ice,” has a pleasant yet simple beat that is not too loud and allows you to concentrate on your studying.

“Cleopatra (Acoustic Demo)” by The Lumineers

“Cleopatra” is a beautiful song that is perfect for productivity\; not too complex and has gentle vocals from the lead singer, Wesley Schultz.

The song backs up he vocals with has some piano and guitar to round out the song and help you stay on track.

“Redbone” by Childish Gambino

From acting in Star Wars movies to producing controversial songs there is nothing that Donald Glover can’t do and this includes creating great studying songs.

“Redbone” has a smooth simple beat that wafts through your ears. Childish Gambino’s relaxing voice comes through to sharpen focus on the task at hand.

“Tieduprightnow” by The Parcels

It is important to loosen up and have a little bit of fun as you study.

The song “Tieduprightnow,” is a groovy sound that makes you want to get up and dance, making it an ideal song to reset and have a much-needed break after or during one of your study sessions.