What Health Services can do for you

Mary Sullivan, Guest Columnist

Health Services is here to help you get through the first weeks of the quarter smoothly. We are located next to College Life – where you got your photo ID, in the lower level of Campus Center building. We have free grab and go stuff  at our self serve station to make the unexpected problems disappear.

• Bandages of all sizes for blisters from new shoes or tired feet
  • Need TB test done for clinical/work/volunteering – Health Services offers free testing Mon & Tues.
  • Over the counter medicine for headaches and sore throats
  • Eyedrops for dry and itchy eyes from studying
  • Allergy medications for when allergies causing you problems
  • Earplugs for when it’s too noisy to study/sleep
  • Tampons and pads for when your period started unexpectedly
  • Ointments for scraped knuckles and knees from rushing
  • Safety pins, needle and thread in case of clothing malfunctions
  • Toothbrushes, toothpaste and floss for when food’s suck in your teeth/bad breath
  • For those interested in quitting smoking, Health Services has free nicotine replacement products with cessation coaching.
  • Condoms, lubricants and emergency contraception.
  • If you have questions you can find accurate, current information about sleep, nutrition, exercise, any health concerns from friendly RNs

Health Services reaches out to students through Health Education & Wellness; we’re here to serve your wellness needs and create safe spaces to inspire good health.

Look for our sunny yellow tablecloth off the Main Quad during Club Day, Oct 13th where we will be handing out free stuff such as hand sanitizers, free HIV testing and T-shirts.

Free Flu vaccinations happen Oct 19, 20 & 26 & 27 in the Don Batista room of the Campus Center.

We host De Anza’s Blood Drive in conjunction with the Stanford Blood Center Nov 3 in Conference Rooms A and B of the Campus Center.

And just before your finals we put on Chill City on Dec 8. This is an opportunity to take a break, play and practice relaxation techniques, pet Furry Friends therapy dogs so you can do your best with your tests.

“Health creates capacity; students whose health status is positive and flourishing have greater ability and readiness to learn and engage fully in all meaningful educational experiences inside and outside the classroom […] The learner as a whole person matters in the learning.”

— Dr. Daniel Silverman