Meet your Candidates event presents 2019-2020 candidates

Abhiram Rishi Prattipati

(From left to right) DASB president candidates, Dave Wardojo, Jeffery Chang and Shelly Michael answer questions during the “Meet your Candidates Day” open forum in Conference Rooms A and B on Feb. 27.

Abhiram Rishi Prattipati, Staff Reporter

For the first time, every candidate running for the 2019-2020 DASB general elections was given a chance to speak during the Feb. 27 “Meet your Candidates Day” event hosted by the DASB.

Candidates spoke in Conference Room A and B on solutions and ideas regarding various issues around campus.

“I wanna say to the senators for running at large. Your position that you are running for is not any less than of any of the executive level positions,” said DASB advisor Hyon Chu Yi-Baker.

The 2019-2020 presidential candidates; Dave Wardojo, Shelly Michael and Jeffrey Chang answered questions about their leadership styles, civic engagement and accountability of officers in the live panel.

Chang leads the “Supernova” coalition with other candidates while Michael leads the “Equity League” coalition.

During the audience Q & A session, “Supernova” candidate Alex Jin, 22, business management major, asked Michael why the “Equity League” was composed of all women.

“I mostly sent messages to different programs and people that responded are women which I didn’t see anything wrong. I didn’t go and specifically select women.. But frankly as long as they do really good job, I frankly don’t care.” said Michael

“There is a renewed confidence for next year,” Lawerence Su, chair of legislative affairs, said. “We are gonna be having a nice Senate in store for 2019-2020.”

Read our Q&A with the presidential candidates here.