Eating around campus: A guide beyond the trays

Maria Ortiz, Staff Reporter

Students need a quick eating break after a long day of classes and studying, and a glance off campus provides several options.
Love of pizza is practically a national pastime, and Blast 825 Pizza provides unlimited toppings. Signature salads are also available, for those who want a lighter meal. The eatery offers signature pizza options such as margherita and pesto chicken as well as giving the option to personalize a pizza.
Ike’s is a fast and filling choice located right across from De Anza College’s campus. They offer a variety of sandwiches including vegetarian options for less than $10. The restaurant also uses a reward card system and a permanent check-in reward on Yelp. Each purchase comes with a caramel apple lollipop.
For those who get to campus for early classes, the De Anza Cafeteria offers the best breakfast options. From 7 to 10 a.m. on Monday to Friday, students can enjoy two combination options of either scrambled eggs and ham, or eggs with various meats, depending on the day. The combos are offered for $3.95 and include a drink.
Panda Express is a fast food option where students can choose from Americanized Asian dishes. From healthy options to meaty sauces, Panda Express provides a quick, flavorful meal. Eaters are given sides of chowmein, fried rice or veggies.
J&J Hawaiian BBQ serves plates filled with rice, macaroni and a choice of breaded meat or fish, the most convenient option for the hungriest students, provided in a convenient paper box for students who want a meal to go.
The DASB Card Student Discounts site serves as a helpful resource and lists student discounts for several locations. The website may be found at www.deanza.edu/dasb/discounts/ and delineates over fifteen eateries that discount prices for students with DASB student ID cards including Subway, Snow Lounge and Yogurtland.